Things are certainly looking great for Sony’s new gaming console with an impressive list of upcoming games and the company’s own VR Headset, dubbed Project Morpheus. The gaming console already has an awesome game lineup and will certainly become more extraordinary as time passes.
Here are the best PlayStation 4 games you can play at this very moment.
1. Watch Dogs
The world of Watch Dogs is packed with fun things to do. While it isn’t the most original game out there, it does get the job done and it’s definitely one of the games you should own if you have a PlayStation 4. The visuals are some of the best we’ve seen and the multiplayer is incredible.
- The game has an amazing open world.
- You can have a lot of fun using your hacking abilities.
- It has a great variety of mission.
- The car chases are pretty weak.
- Stealth missions can get tedious at times.
2. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
The game comes with a great amount of content and features surprisingly plenty of new things for an annual iteration.
As always, the multiplayer is amazing and the futuristic equipment you have at your disposal is a breath of fresh air for the series.
- Advanced Warfare has some excellent modes and maps.
- The campaign levels are very creative.
- The exo suit is fun to use.
- The story is quite inconsistent.
3. Metro Redux
Metro is more about survival than it is about shooting things mindlessly. You will have to use strategy to progress throughout the game, instead of senselessly killing everyone in sight.
The fact that it’s actually two games in one package only sweetens the deal.
- You get two games for the price of one.
- The AI is great.
- The stealth portions of the game are very fun.
- The Sentinel and Survival modes are excellent.
- The accents in the game are silly.
- Some narrative events are distracting.
4. Far Cry 4
You get an amazing world to explore inside Far Cry 4 and there are tons of things you can do. You can approach the game in different ways, shooting your way through enemies or being as stealthy as possible. It’s entirely up to you.
- The world inside the game is gorgeous.
- There is enough variety in combat to satisfy every gamer.
- The PvP combat is very versatile.
- There are some pretty bad characters inside the game.
5. Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag
Black Flag is probably the most original Assassin’s Creed out there and it’s way better than Unity, in our humble opinion. The combat is amazing on land and on water and the world is incredibly beautiful just to look at.
- The game features great side quests.
- There are some very beautiful moments in the game.
- The main story is quite disappointing.
6. Dragon Age: Inquisition
The developers certainly respected all the feedback they received from gamers. They’ve made a huge world for you to explore and there are TONS of things to do. While it isn’t very challenging, the combat is very well made and fun. And, as always, Dragon Age: Inquisition is filled with memorable and enjoyable characters.
- Dragon Age: Inquisition has a great cast of memorable characters.
- The game has a lot of huge areas with hidden secrets to explore.
- The balance between combat, customization, exploration and story is fantastic.
- The combat isn’t very challenging.
7. The Last of Us Remastered
The story isn’t original per se, seeing how nowadays we find zombies everywhere, but it’s very well made and it does bring in a different approach on the undead. The gameplay can get very tense at times and it’s very fun, despite being very linear. If you have a PlayStation 4 and haven’t played it when it initially came out, you must buy this game.
- The game has updated graphics.
- The remastered version runs at 60 FPS in Full HD.
- The gunplay has been enhanced.
- The photo mode is fun to use.
- It comes with DLC.
- The game is too linear.
8. Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
This is a great game based on the works of J.R.R. Tolkien. It’s a very fun game to play even if you’re not a Tolkien fan, however and it’s one of the best RPGs we’ve played in a very long time.
- The combat inside the game is amazing.
- You can have a lot of fun with mind control.
- The campaign missions aren’t very exciting.
Bungie’s MMO is in no shape or form perfect but it is a lot of fun. The gunplay in the game is incredibly enjoyable and we spent a lot of time playing this great game. Bungie promised us more content for Destiny so it looks like our PlayStations won’t get any days off any time soon.
- The mechanics are great.
- It’s very fun to play.
- The content is pretty much recycled from other games.
- The story isn’t all that great.
- Progression throughout the game isn’t very rewarding.
10. Grand Theft Auto V
It looks like Rockstar are getting better with each Grand Theft Auto title they release. The world inside GTA V is so incredibly detailed that you’ll forget at times that you’re actually playing a game. There are tons of side missions and the main story is amazing. It’s the first time Rockstar used more than one protagonist in the GTA series but we can’t help but hope they’ll do the same with future titles. While GTA V was great when it first launched, the developers really took advantage of the next gen consoles and made a visually stunning game, complete with a first person view.
- The world is simply incredible.
- GTA V has one of the best stories in video games.
- The missions are varied and exciting.
- Heists are incredibly fun.
- It’s very funny.
- First person isn’t great when driving vehicles.
- There are some occasional frame drops.
Image source: 1